The Different Types of Online Slots Games
There are several variations to slots games that you will find at online casinos for Nigeria. These include:
Classic slots are games that have three reels. These are the types of machines that were common in land-based casinos. They have minimal paylines and come with classic symbols like melons, cherries, BARs, and bells.
5 Reel/Video Slots
Most of the slots found online today are five reel games with three or four rows. They come with a lot more paylines, but 20 paylines is the standard. They also come with lots of bonus features too including scatters, multipliers, wilds, and bonus rounds such as free spins. These games have lots of different themes and budgets to suit all players.
These games have animations and interactive graphics that are included. The animations usually play when you get a winning combination and they tend to have similar features to the five-reel video slots.
1024/243 Ways to Win
Instead of choosing the number of paylines, players get to bet on all the 1,024 paylines available. The winning combinations are more frequent but you do have to bet more. The 243 ways to win games are the same and give players plenty of chances to win. These games also include bonus features like scatters, wilds, and bonus symbols.
The big name software providers all have their own progressive jackpot games. These are linked games and the jackpot increases with every wager made until it is won. These slots often seed at 1million making them very popular. Players must bet the maximum amount to trigger the progressive jackpot which also makes these a more expensive choice.
Game Rules – How To Play
All online slots games basically work in the same way. There may be slight differences depending on the software developer, but once the game loads the rules tend to be the same. You’re presented with either 3 or 5 reels with up to 25 symbols on them. These are all relevant to the game’s theme and your aim is to spin the reels and hit a winning combination when the reels come to a stop. Depending on the number of paylines you choose to play, the easier it is to hit a winning combination. There is a spin button on the screen that you can manually click or you can use the auto-play function to have the game play itself up to a certain number of spins. If you land on bonus symbols you can trigger bonus rounds such as free spins, pick’em games, and more.
How to Play like a Professional: Best Online Slots Tips
Below you will find our top online slots tips for Nigeria that will help you to play like a professional and win more.
- Find a good slots online casino that allows players from Nigeria: The best casinos will have games from the biggest game providers. Some sites will offer free bonuses so you can play for free too. Check the number of titles available to ensure you have a great deal of choice before signing up for an account and making a
- Check out the Paytable: Before you spin the reels, click on the paytable or info button. This will tell you everything you need to know including the various payouts for the different symbols and how many of them you need. It will also provide details on the bonus rounds.
- Check the Bet sizes and Paylines: Before playing for real money, you will need to set your bet size and the number of paylines you want to use. There are games that start as low as 0.01 per payline. There is also a bet max button that you can select. Remember the more paylines you play, the more chances you have of getting winning combinations.
- Look for the Gamble Feature: This is a great feature that allows you to double your winnings after every win combo. This is usually a simple “red or black” or “higher or lower” card game.
- Look for Bonus Features: These special symbols help to increase your winnings or trigger bonus rounds. They include wild symbols that can substitute for all other symbols to create wins. Scatter symbols trigger bonus rounds such as free spins and Pick’em games where you get to win more cash prizes. Other bonus features include cascading reels, expanding wilds and more. The more features the online slot machine has, the more chances you have to win and the more entertaining they tend to be.
How To Win – Best Strategies
If you want to improve your slots game play, our strategies will help.
- Bet the Maximum Amount: It might not seem like a good idea, but if you have the bankroll available it is advisable to pick the total number of paylines and the maximum coin bet. This gives you more chances to win and triggers bonus rounds more often too.
- Check the RTP: Before wagering any of your bankroll it is advisable to check the return to player (RTP) percentage. You want to play games that have a 95% or higher RTP.
- Play More Than One Game: Don’t stick to playing just one title. We advise that you pick between 3 and 5 games and choose titles that have a range of features. We recommend one that has a good free spins round, one with a progressive jackpot, one with lots of wilds, another with great multipliers, and one low variance game. By alternating between them you’ll have more enjoyment and it keeps the excitement alive.
Online Slots Payouts
The payouts are different on all games and the payout table explains everything you need to know about the symbols and their value. The RTP is also very important as the higher this is the more chances you have of winning more frequently. For example, if a slot has a 95% RTP, it would mean that out of 100 coins, over a period of time 95 of these would go back to the player.
Online Slots Glossary
Active Payline: This is a payline that you are betting on and will give you a payout if it contains a winning combination.
Auto Play: An option that allows the reels to spin a certain number of times without the player having to press the spin button each time.
Bet Max: bet the maximum number of paylines and the maximum amount of coins.
Bet Per Payline: The amount being wagered per line.
Bonus Feature: Video slots have bonus features that are triggered when you get a specific combination of symbols. They give players a chance to win more.
Classic Slot: A traditional game with three reels and one payline
Coin Size: The value of the coin you are betting on.
Fixed Jackpot: A jackpot that pays a fixed number of coins when won.
Free Spins: A bonus feature that when triggered gives players a number of free games.
Multiplier: A bonus symbol that multiplies winning combinations. This is a common feature in video slots and can often be found in free spins bonus rounds.
Payout Percentage: Often called RTP this is the percentage of all stakes that the slot will pay out over time.
Paytable: A table that displays all the possible winning combinations and how much they pay.
Reels: The spinning area on which the symbols appear.
Scatter: A bonus symbol that can appear anywhere on the reels and result in a payout depending on the number of them you get. They are also used to trigger bonus features and free spins rounds.
Stacked Wilds: multiple wild symbols positioned on top of each other on a single reel.
Symbol: the images that appear on the reels and what are needed to form winning combinations.
Wild symbol: a symbol that can be used to substitute for other symbols to create winning combinations.
Winning Combination: Any combination of symbols that will result in a pay out.
Interesting Facts About Slots
Microgaming were the first to introduce the video slot in the 1990s. This game has one payline and three reels.
Branded slots are extremely popular and include Marvel superheroes games like Iron Man 2 and Hulk. They often feature skill elements to keep players engaged.
Progressive jackpots can reach massive amounts and these life changing sums of cash are much sought after. The biggest payout was for a massive €17,860,868 on the 20th January 2013 on the Mega Fortune Mega slot.
Classic slots have fruit symbols like cherries and lemons. They were first introduced in the late 19th century and to get around gambling laws, they would give out flavoured chewing gum as prizes instead of cash. This is how they got the name of fruit machines.
Most of the top slots games can now be played on mobile devices. These games are designed specifically for the smaller screen and include swipe and tap technology as well as the same great graphics and jackpots at their online counterparts.