- More than 450 games
- Live dealer games
- Powered by Microgaming
- 18 languages
- Powered by Microgaming
- Massive jackpots
Types of Blackjack Games
There are lots of different types of online blackjack games that you can play if you’re from Nigeria. Some are played with just one deck of cards while other use multiple decks.
This is one of the most common variants and is available at all the best online casinos. In this game if you feel that your first two cards won’t beat the dealer’s hand you can choose to surrender. Your hand automatically loses, but you will get half of your original wager back. This way you don’t lose your whole wager.
Double Exposure Blackjack
In this variation, both of the dealer’s cards are dealt face up allowing the player to see what cards he had. This makes choosing whether to stand or get another card a lot easier.
In this game all the tens are removed from the deck
Big Jackpots/Bonus Blackjack
The bonus jackpot variation has a special bonus jackpot included for certain hands. These are detailed in the game instructions and on the payout table and gives you more chances to win big money prizes. Triple 7s blackjack is a progressive jackpot game.
These games allow players to play with multiple hands at the same time. Just like the single hand game, there are lots of different variations of multi-hand games available too.
Live Dealer Blackjack
Live dealer games are becoming increasingly popular because they allow players to experience real live casino action from the comfort of their home. They feature professional dealers and the action is streamed live. Players watch the dealer deal the cards and they can interact and chat with the other players too. There are different tables available for different budgets and the games are available 24/7.
How To Play Online Blackjack
Online blackjack is fun and exciting. It is a card game that you play against the dealer. Your goal is to beat the dealer by getting a points total higher than theirs without going over 21. To do this, you must make decisions based on the cards you are dealt. The game is played with a standard deck of cards with each card having a point value. Face cards all count as 10. The Ace can count as either 1 or 11.
At the start of the game, you place your bet and the dealer then deals 2 cards to himself and to you. Both of your cards are face up, but only one of the dealer’s cards can be seen. You have several choices that you can make depending on the cards you receive. These are:
- Stand – you don’t want any more cards.
- Hit – you ask the dealer for another card.
- Double – you double your bet and receive one more card only.
- Split – if you have a pair you can split your hand into 2 separate hands.
- Surrender – fold your cards and lose your bet
- Insurance – if the dealer has an Ace, you can insure against a blackjack.
Blackjack is when you or the dealer has a total points value of 21 from an Ace and a 10 card. If your points value exceeds 21, you are bust and you lose your bet.
When you decide to stand, the dealer has to reveal their hidden card and then he must either stand or hit until he reaches a points total of 17 or more. If you have a valid hand when the dealer goes bust, you win. If you go bust before the dealer busts you still lose.
Best Blackjack Tips: How to Play like a Professional
- Know when to hit or stand: There are no rules for when to stand or hit but there are some strategies that can help you decide. These are based on the cards you are dealt compared to the dealer’s cards. If you are dealt a total of 4 to 8, always hit. If you are dealt 12 to 16 and the dealer’s up card is low, you should stand. It is important to remember that the dealer has to make decisions, you don’t so let him go bust if he is forced to. The worst cards for the dealer are 2 to 6 and they will bust more times when they get these cards. The dealer’s up card is important. If you have 12 to 16 and the dealer has 7 to Ace, you should hit and get as close to 21 as possible.
- Don’t take Insurance: If you are dealt a blackjack and the dealer shows an ace you should ignore the option to take insurance. You are better off winning 3/2 on your cards than betting more on whether the dealer will also have blackjack.
- Always Double Down on 10 or 11: Doubling down allows you to double your bet after receiving your first two cards. You then get another card and that is it. This is an excellent choice especially if the dealer is showing 2 to 6 as they are more likely to go bust in this situation. You do have to double your bet, but you win double too.
- Understand the House Edge: Online blackjack has one of the best house edges than other table games but it is important to pay attention to the number of decks being used. Some games can use up to eight decks and the house edge increases the more decks there are. A single deck game gives the house approximately 0.17% advantage and this jumps to 0.46% when a second deck is added. Check the house edge of the game you want to play prior to betting.
How To Win – Online Blackjack Strategies That Work
- Choose the Right Casino: This is perhaps one of the best blackjack strategies we can give. You need to choose online casinos for Nigeria that are licensed and regulated and that offer a range of blackjack games. It is a good idea to look at the bonuses being offered too and check that you can use the bonus cash on your chosen game.
- Pick the right online blackjack game: There are lots of variants of this game so you need to check the house edge to help you choose which one to play. For example, blackjack switch has a house edge of 0.17%, Playtech’s Pontoon is 0.36%, Blackjack Surrender is 0.36%, Progressive Blackjack is 0.47%, and 21 Duel Blackjack is 0.62%. There are some variants that have percentages of over 1% and 2% so be sure to check before you play.
- Know the game: Not all games are the same so using the same basic strategy for each game just won’t work. You need to know every little detail about the game and learn the rules for each variant before you play. You need to know how many decks are being used, how much a blackjack pays, can you double up, can you split, can you hit split aces, can you surrender, does the dealer hit a soft seventeen? Check to make sure that games with the same name have the same house edge. Different software providers have different house edges but the same game name so double check before choosing.
- Use a basic blackjack strategy card: There are hundreds of free blackjack strategy cards available online that you can print off and have beside you when you play. These cards show exactly what you should do for every upcard the dealer can have compared with the cards you are holding. The card should contain information on soft and hard hands as well as pairs.
Online Blackjack Payout
The payout tables for every variation of the game will be different and players are encouraged to look at them before playing. There as some standard payout rules though.
- If you have blackjack you win 1.5 times your bet amount
- If the dealer goes bust or our points value is higher than his, you win the same amount as your wager.
- If your hand has the same points total as the dealer, you get your wager back.
- If your hand has a lower points value than the dealer’s, you lose.
There are variations and these will all be listed in the information and payout table for the game you choose to play.
Bankroll: the total amount of money you have in your online casino account after making a deposit.
Basic Strategy: A method that can be used to tell a player what choices to make based on their and the dealer’s cards.
Blackjack: The total of 21 on a player’s original two cards dealt.
Breaking Hand: A hand that goes over 21 with one card hit. This includes a hard 12 – 16.
Bust: to go over 21 and lose the game.
Double Down: An option to double your original wager, but only getting a one-card hit. A good move if the player is feeling confident that he can win the round with just one card.
Draw: To request additional cards for your hand.
Early Surrender: A surrender that is allowed before the dealer checks his hand for a blackjack.
Face cards: Jack, Queen, and King.
Hard Hand: A hand with no Ace or with an Ace that can only be counted as a 1 because of other card’s values.
Hit: to request another card from the dealer.
Hole card: the dealer’s single face down card.
Insurance: a side wager up to half the total of a player’s original wager against the dealer having a natural 21. This option is only available when the dealer has an Ace exposed.
Push: when the dealer and the player have the same total.
Soft Hand: a hand that consists of an Ace that can be used as a 1 or 11.
Split Hand: The options of splitting a two card hand (two of the same face card) and playing them as separate hands.
Stand: not taking any more cards.
Surrender: give up but only lose half your wager.
Up Card: The dealer’s first dealt card which is placed up for players to see.
Interesting Facts About Blackjack
The chance of being dealt a blackjack is 0.024% which roughly translated is once every 42 hands.
Blackjack has been played since the early 1900s and the original version included more betting rounds and the dealer was allowed to double down.
The first scientific study of blackjack was published in the early 1960s and this is where the basic strategy using to beat the game came from and the study also introduced card counting.
Card counting is impossible in online blackjack because random number generator software is used.